As a Community Safety Volunteer, you will support and assist Police Officers, Police Community Support Officers, Support Staff and fellow volunteers in the dissemination of crime prevention information and associated Community Safety initiatives.
Main tasks include:
- Attending force-wide community events to promote / provide members of the public with information on force crime prevention initiatives and campaigns
- Promoting the Police Support Volunteer project when attending community events
- Delivering information sessions to vulnerable groups on all aspects of safety
(for example fraud and scams, bogus callers and rogue traders, personal safety)
- Conducting low level crime reduction audits such as the Vulnerable Vehicle Scheme and Community Surveys
- Providing support around the Vulnerable Vehicle Scheme
- Distributing crime prevention information
What skills do I need?
You do not need any particular qualifications to apply for this role.
We are seeking individuals with excellent communication skills, enthusiasm and a professional attitude, as well as a desire to support South Yorkshire Police in serving the public.
When completing your application form you will need to give us examples of how you can demonstrate the following:
- Respect for Race and Diversity
- Effective Communication
- Personal responsibility
What will I gain?
Training to enable you to carry out your role
Meet like-minded people
Boost your confidence
Improve your communication and interpersonal skills
Improve your CV and job prospects
Training and support
Training and support provided by South Yorkshire Police.
Please note that all successful candidates will be subject to the South Yorkshire Police vetting process.
If appointed as a Community Safety Volunteer applicants will be required to attend mandatory induction training, which may take place during evening and weekends
DBS (criminal records) check
Roles in Sheffield, Barnsley, Doncaster and Rotherham