Are you looking to gain experience in practical conservation/countryside management work in the area? If so, you'd do well to join our practical volunteer team and join in with work that takes place in the countryside surrounding Stocksbridge. Commitment is to one or more days of work per week
*After you have clicked ‘Register Your Interest’, you will receive an email with the next steps of your volunteering application for this role - follow this guidance*
Check out our Website https://steelvalleyproject.org/ // Facebook: @TheSteelValleyProject // Twitter: @steel_valley
What skills do I need?
Please note this is a full day volunteering on a regular weekday.
No formal qualifications are required but commitment and enthusiasm is important. Work is practical, based in rural locations.
- have a desire to work outdoors in all weathers
- be willing to learn new skills
- be able to communicate well
- work as part of a group
- have a reasonable level of physical fitness
The Steel Valley Project can supply personal protective equipment such as steel toe capped boots and gloves
What will I gain?
Support on offer includes:
- A willing reference when you leave the project and certificate stating the number of hours donated to the project.
- On-going support with career advice & job hunt within sector
- Close supervision in order to develop skills and gain valuable work experience.
- Opportunity to learn skills used in countryside management.
- Opportunity to obtain training in the use of chainsaw and brushcutters with nationally recognised training certificates.
- Full Enhanced DBS check
Personal protective equipment such as steel toe capped boots and gloves supplied
Training and support
Support and supervision provided.
Opportunity to obtain training in the use of chainsaw and brushcutters with nationally recognised training certificates.
This is a full day volunteering on a regular weekday.
DBS (criminal records) check
We are based at The ARC, Manchester Road, Stocksbridge and we travel out to various locations.
The 57 bus and SL1 Supertram link bus from Middlewood stop right outside our base. From there we travel together. We are approx. 11 miles or 30 minutes by car from the Students' Union