To support Designers and tutors with sewing operations and administration.
- Assisting designers, tutors and trainees
- Preparing training studio for classes
- Performing hand stitching and industrial sewing operations
- Purchasing required materials and supplies
What skills do I need?
- Quick learner
- Proficient in MSOffice
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong time management skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Creative and Design skills
- Sewing skills
What will I gain?
- Gain new design skills
- Learn about fashion collection realisation
- Visit fashion events and exhibitions
- Learn new sewing and garment making techniques
- Make new business contacts
Training and support
- In-house training
- Guidance and supervision from staff member
Minimum 6 hours a week
DBS (criminal records) check
5 minutes’ walk from Sheffield Train station and Bus Interchange or 20 minutes walk from University of Sheffield. Several buses to Sheffield City Centre from West Street or catch tram to Sheffield Train Station.