In partnership with Sheffield Teaching Hospitals we are seeking friendly and motivated individuals to promote our services. Through engaging with family and friends of patients and working with ward staff, the aim is to identify new carers and provide information about the support available to them.
What skills do I need?
• Good interpersonal & communication skills.
• Confident and empathic
• Good listening skills and the ability to analyse and assess information given by carers.
• Able to understand the issues carers may face.
• Good keyboard skills and the ability to input data.
• Ability to work on own initiative
What will I gain?
• Understanding of the needs of carers.
• Experience of assessing the needs of carers.
• Experience of working in a hospital setting.
• Working to company policy and procedures.
Training and support
There will be an extensive induction and training package related to this role which will be undertaken by Sheffield Carers Centre and Sheffield Teaching Hospitals. You will spend time with the carers centre's team's to gain a good understanding of the services that we provide. You will also be given training on a wide number of subjects including:
• Boundaries and good practice
• Moving & Handling
• Safeguarding Adults
• Safeguarding Children
• infection Prevention & Control
• Health, Safety & Welfare
• Fire Safety
• Equality & Diversity
We would ideally like volunteers to commit a minimum of 3-4 hours a week but we can be flexible and are happy discuss individually.
DBS (criminal records) check
Northern General Hospital
There are a number of buses that stop near the hospital