In this role you will help community group leaders affiliated with the Community Savers network to develop confidence and skills in using digital devices and technology for community group purposes. This role is with Arbourthorne Social Savers, a group of local mums bringing community together.
Main tasks =
- Provide tailored one to one support to community group leaders you have been matched up with
- Assess their digital support looking at skills gaps and confidence levels
- Work together with them to assess which digital skills they would like to focus on the most
We are a network of women-led savings schemes linking up residents across Greater Manchester and Sheffield to share ideas, experiences and strategies for reducing poverty in our neighbourhoods, towns and cities. Join us!
What skills do I need?
- Patience e.g. hoelping grandparent with smartphone or tablet
- Good verbal communicator: You will be providing tailored 1:1 support to people with sometimes very basic IT skills. You should be able to explain practical digital tasks clearly, taking a step-by-step approach.
- Reasonable ICT skills: You do not need to be an IT expert, but if you make regular use of email, web-browsing, video-conferencing, MS Office and windows explorer file systems, and cloud storage systems like G:drive and Dropbox you will have the necessary experience for sharing with others.
What will I gain?
Meet friendly people
Sense of community
Help others to develop their digital skills
Training and support
- Induction to CLASS and Community Savers including health &
safety, data protection, safeguarding, and our code of conduct
- Regular supervision and support
Variable: between one and six hours of digital support to community group leaders per week.
DBS (criminal records) check
Community venues in Sheffield (mainly Arbourthorne)
@ St Mary's Church, Bramall Lane, Sheffield