This opportunity takes place until 31 Aug 2021.
Join the friendly volunteer group in a range of outdoor activities along the river and canal in Sheffield. Our activities include footpath maintenance, cutting and pruning vegetation, treating invasive species as well as removing litter and debris from the footpaths and river channel. We meet every Wednesday and one Saturday per month on the Canal or River. All PPE, tools, equipment are provided on the day and training if necessary.
If you would like to join us on upcoming volunteer days (Wednesday's and one Saturday a month) when restrictions lift, please Apply to this role and follow the link in the email that you receive to complete the volunteer registration form.
What skills do I need?
No skills required, just willingness to get stuck in!
What will I gain?
Discover new parts of Sheffield
Meet new people and members of the Sheffield community
Learn new skills
Help the environment to benefit wildlife and nature
Training and support
All PPE, tools, equipment are provided on the day and training if necessary.
Sessions happen on Wednesday's and one Saturday a month (10am - 1pm)
DBS (criminal records) check
Various locations on the Sheffield River or Canal
Meeting points accessible by public transport
- CausesEnvironment and conservation, Mental health
- Frequencyone-off, Every week, Every month, Flexible
- WhenWednesday morning, Wednesday afternoon, Saturday morning, Saturday afternoon
- Skills and InterestsHands-on tasks, Outdoors, Practice my English
- Careers and AspirationsArts, culture and heritage, Third sector and charity work