This opportunity takes place between 27 Sep 2021 and 26 Sep 2022 Applications closed on 26 Sep.
Are you passionate about providing accessible spaces and creating meaningful experiences for adults living with Dementia and their carers?
Would you like to help to raise awareness about the challenges that people living with Dementia face?
Do you want to make a positive difference in your community? If so, being a Dementia Community Champion with the Heeley Trust might be for you. As a Dementia Community Champion, you will learn about how individuals can live well with dementia through provided training and enable those living with dementia and their carers to use local services/connect with their communities. No prior knowledge is required, but an eagerness to learn, an interest in accessibility, good communication skills and an empathetic nature is necessary.
*After you have clicked ‘Register Your Interest’, you will receive an email with the next steps of your volunteering application for this role - follow this guidance*
What skills do I need?
- Good communication
- Interpersonal skills
What will I gain?
- Solid experience of supporting older adults and their carers and families
- Boost the confidence levels and quality of life for adults living with Dementia and their carers
- Develop effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Bus/Mileage costs reimbursed
- Opportunity to get involved with developing new dementia projects
- The chance to work in the heart of the local community, at Meersbrook Hall and its surrounding green spaces, meeting new people and becoming part of a passionate team
- Certificate of volunteering
- Full DBS check provided
- Regular supervision and support
Training and support
Full induction, training, and supervision.
2hrs-3hrs monthly, more if you are able - hours can work with your schedule!
DBS (criminal records) check
Heeley Trust Community Hub
Bus 24/25/43/44/x17 stop is next to the venue
Travel (Bus/Mileage costs) reimbursed
- CausesMental health, Older people, Social isolation
- WhenTuesday morning, Tuesday afternoon, Thursday morning, Thursday afternoon
- Skills and InterestsAdvice and information, Advocacy, Befriending, Listening, Teamwork
- Careers and AspirationsSocial work, Speech and language therapy, Third sector and charity work