Be one of the welcoming faces of Foodhall, your local DIY community centre/cafe/venue/artspace/utopia! Take orders, make drinks, chat and welcome visitors to Foodhall. Provide comfort, company, drinks and activities to all!
What skills do I need?
No previous experience is necessary, but it would be great if:
- you have experience making hot drinks or working in a cafe
- you are comfortable talking with a diverse mix of people
- you are comfortable being self-directed
- you are open to new experiences
- you are open to new people
- you work well in a team
- you are clean and tidy
- you are keen to learn
- you are organised
- you are sociable
What will I gain?
- learn new skills (from making hot drinks to building furniture to planning events to writing funding applications)
- meet and join a diverse community of people
- get access to our events (live music, DJs, film screenings, communal meals, art exhibitions, and more!)
- have use of community facilities (bike repair kit, garden, carpentry tools, pottery studio, and more!)
Training and support
All volunteers are given comprehensive inductions and training upon joining Foodhall. We regularly hold small group training sessions.
None required, though the more (and more regular), the better!
Volunteer shifts tend to last 3-6 hours. If you can't commit to this availability, no problem, just get in touch and we will find something that works.
DBS (criminal records) check
121 Eyre Street,
Easy access from bus routes, tram, and train. Walking distance from University of Sheffield Campus.