Our volunteer befrienders improve opportunities for our young people to access informal support, develop their communication and social skills, and promote their involvement with New Roots and the wider community.
What skills do I need?
This role would suit someone who:
• Is able to build positive and supportive relationships with others.
• Can work creatively and on their own initiative.
• Is enthusiastic and passionate for change.
• Is familiar with the importance of health and safety.
• Is an excellent communicator.
• Has an understanding of safeguarding, confidentiality and the needs of vulnerable young people.
• Is a reliable team player with a sense of humour and a positive attitude.
What will I gain?
• A meaningful volunteer experience with a vibrant, dynamic local charity.
• The chance to make positive changes in the lives of our young people.
• Valuable work experience and a reference resource for the future.
Training and support
• A full induction and training around working with vulnerable young people.
• Access to ongoing support and development, including further training appropriate to your role.
• Travel and other agreed expenses.
2-3 hours per week (flexible)
DBS (criminal records) check
Central locations in Worksop, Retford and Harworth
New Roots Housing is 200m from Worksop Train Station, which offers a connecting service to Sheffield every half an hour.