Could you volunteer in one of our charity shops? Do you enjoy meeting different people and are you looking for a practical role? This could be for you! We currently have three charity shops; Bradway, Abbeydale Road and Broomhill. We have small teams of volunteers and members of staff running each location. The shop environment is welcoming and volunteers have the opportunity to do a variety of roles.
This is a varied and practical volunteering role and there are many activities that contribute to the success of our shops. Here are just some that you may be involved in:
- Creating eye-catching window displays
- Tidying and organising delays in the shop
- Undertaking collections
- Till work
- Helping to promote our work
- Gift Aid process with donations
- Encouraging others to fundraise or volunteer for us
The hours you volunteer can be flexible. The shops are open Monday to Saturday 9am - 5pm.
*After you have clicked ‘Register Your Interest’, you will receive an email with the next steps of your volunteering application for this role - follow this guidance*
What skills do I need?
- Professional, friendly and outgoing manner
- Ability to work using your own initiative
- Ability to function well in a team, giving and asking for support as needed
- Previous retail experience would be a bonus but not essential
- Commitment to work within Age UK Sheffield guidelines
- Willingness to learn about the range of our services
What will I gain?
- Opportunities to meet new people in your community
- Opportunities to develop self-confidence, marketing skills and fundraising skills
- Gain retail and customer service experience
- The satisfaction of knowing you will be making a difference to the lives of vulnerable older people
- Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses
Training and support
Ongoing training and support is provided.
The role can be worked half or full days, ideally at least once a week. We ask you to be available for a minimum of 3 months.
DBS (criminal records) check
255 Fulwood Road, Broomhill, Sheffield, S10 3BD