Be part of Sheffield Cathedral's wide and varied events programme by stewarding for - Vintage markets; craft and flea markets; musical concerts to a wide variety of musical genres; art installations; light shows and community events.
What will I be doing?
- Welcoming people attending the event
- Checking tickets
- Directing people to their seats and explaining the layout of facilities within the building
- Selling tickets on door, and handling cash appropriately
- Being conscious of health and safety at all times
- Observing the gathered audience for any signs of illness or disturbance, and seeking appropriate assistance
- Marshalling visitors from the building in the event of an evacuation
- Assisting in setting up the event and in resetting to a Cathedral afterwards, as directed
- Collecting glasses
- Distributing programmes and promotional materials
Where will I be carrying out my tasks?
- Within Sheffield Cathedral buildings or on the forecourt, as appropriate to the event.
*After you have clicked ‘Register Your Interest’, you will receive an email with the next steps of your volunteering application for this role - follow this guidance*
What skills do I need?
We would prefer you to have:
a pleasant, approachable and friendly manner;
good communication skills;
good judgement, and the ability to think on your feet; and
ability to keep calm and summon help, if required.
We would like you to have:
a lively manner, with a sense of humour.
What will I gain?
You will gain skills and experience for roles such as event stewarding, hospitality etc., which are useful for your CV.
Training and support
You will be given a thorough induction to the building and an event briefing prior to every event by the event manager.
Various between 2 and 6 hours, event dependant.
DBS (criminal records) check
Sheffield Cathedral, Church Street, Sheffield, S1 1HA
Sheffield Cathedral is the church situated next to the Cathedral Tram Stop.
Easily accessible from Church Street and High Street bus stops - number 120, 51 and 52 routes stop directly outside the Cathedral.